This pledge will go live Monday, Aug. 31, 2020 on GoWMU. When you login, you will need to affirm your commitment to the pledge. If you do not affirm, you will not be able to login.
Every student coming to WMU this fall (2020) is responsible for being an active participant in keeping our campus and local communities safe from the spread of the COVID-19 virus by following health and safety protocols specified in the WMU Safe Return Plan and adhering to behavior expectations designed to foster the well-being of all members of the WMU community.
As a Bronco, I hereby pledge to do the following:
- Follow WMU’s physical distancing guidelines
- Adhere to the University’s face mask guidelines
- Follow WMU’s recommended hygiene and personal protection practices including washing my hands frequently and staying home if I feel sick
- Stay informed and adapt to changing COVID-19 updates
- Quarantine if exposed to COVID-19 or isolate if diagnosed with COVID-19 as directed by a health official
- Be supportive and sensitive to other members of the Bronco community
- Maintain my personal space and keep common spaces clean
- Participate in contact tracing and testing
- Follow any additional health and safety requirements set forth by the University
Students who violate the requirements of the Bronco Pledge will be subject to University action via the WMU Student Code.