Western Michigan University
1903 W Michigan Ave
Kalamazoo MI 49008-5444 USA
- Ph.D., M.S., Atmospheric Science, Colorado State University
- B.S., Physics, B.S. Meteorology, Pennsylvania State University
- Earth science education (K-20)
- K-12 teacher professional development
- Informal science education
- Clouds and precipitation processes
Dr. Todd Ellis joined the faculty at WMU in August 2015, with a joint appointment in the Department of Geography at Western Michigan University.
His specialties include research in weather and climate education, teacher professional development, and informal education practices. He is responsible for overseeing curriculum and instruction for GEOG 1900: Exploring Earth Science: The Atmosphere, and teaches various other graduate courses in the Institute. He is a GLOBE Partner and Education and Outreach Lead for the NASA CloudSat Mission. His research interests include professional learning community models for professional development, and identifying cognitive skills necessary for learning meteorology.