What are Pathway Communities?
- Collaborative and integrative learning groups that connect people with shared passions and interests.
- Environments that link faculty, staff, and students outside of the classroom in educationally purposeful activities
- Places to showcase existing activities and collaborate with partners across campus to create new ones.
Why should I join a Pathway Community?
- To create a collaborative and holistic learning culture at WMU.
- To introduce people to new topics and be a part of an enriching intellectual community.
- To generate interest in research and connect faculty, staff, and students in creative endeavors.
- To engage with faculty, staff, and students outside of the classroom in educationally purposeful activities that lead to deeper student learning and student persistence.
How can I be involved in a Pathway Community?
- Enroll you or your organization in Experience WMU (see attached document).
- Choose a Pathway to be involved with.
- Meet with your Pathway Community at least once a semester.
- Be active in your Pathway Community’s social media.
- Periodically give feedback on students reflections and see how they are progressing in their intended Pathway.
- Contribute to ongoing assessment of activities by reviewing Pathway opportunities and experiences .
- Serve as an expert in your Pathway area by contributing and sharing information, opportunities, research, and projects.
- When possible, aid students in networking and finding resources and opportunities in their Pathway area.
- Help develop opportunities for students to reflect on skills developed through engagement .
- Participate in P.E.A.K. (Providing Evidence of Active Knowledge) Experiences by attending fairs and celebrations held for students.