WMU Signature and Western Michigan University value the learning that occurs outside-of-the-classroom, both on- and off-campus. WMU Signature credit is focused on occurances of learning (i.e. training) vs. a position held or credential earned (i.e. Resident Assistant).
Things to consider
Experiences that qualify must (some exceptions apply):
- Not be receiving academic credit.
- Have occurred during the time frame of your current degree.
- Have learning occurring (not training for specific job responsibilities, or information about a university program, or social program).
A majority of experiences are verified by the host through event attendance. You can check your attendance and WMU Signature progress anytime in ExperienceWMU. If you think you are missing credit for an experience, please contact WMU Signature staff.
If you have an experience where attendance was not taken by the host, you may submit your experience using one of our forms:
- New Engagement Experience: submit an engagement, or outside-of-classroom learning experience that is not already included in ExperienceWMU. Please verify BEFORE submitting that this is not an existing experience. You can check your attendance and WMU Signature progress in ExperienceWMU. If you think you are missing credit for an experience, please contact WMU Signature staff.
- Transfer Student Experience: Transfer Students ONLY: submit up to four (4) engagement, or outside-of-classroom learning, experiences which occurred while you were enrolled at a previous college or university.
- Past Military Experience: Veteran Students ONLY: submit up to six (6) engagement or learning experiences which occurred previously as part of your military service.
- Positional Experience: submit a positional, non-employee, on-campus experience (such as mentor or tutor). On-campus employment is already included. If you think you are missing credit for an experience, please contact WMU Signature staff.
- Service Hours: submit service or volunteer hours for individuals and organizations.
If you have multiple experiences you would like considered for WMU Signature credit, you are welcome to schedule a meeting to discuss face-to-face, vs. submitting forms, by contacting WMU Signature staff.
If you think you are missing credit for an experience or have any questions, please contact WMU Signature staff.