The School of Public Affairs and Administration at Western Michigan University offers a minor in nonprofit administration.
The mission of the undergraduate programs in public and nonprofit administration in the School of Public Affairs and Administration is to improve the quality of public service by developing a workforce equipped with knowledge and skills for service in the public and nonprofit sectors. Our graduates will be able to effectively, efficiently and equitably support public and nonprofit management in culturally diverse organizations locally, nationally and globally. To that end, student will acquire knowledge and skills to:
- Articulate the historical, political, and economic environments of public and nonprofit organizations;
- Apply financial, human resources, and program development logic and best practices in various managerial functions;
- Apply data- and evidence-based decision-making skills in solving problems arising in public service, and;
- Develop professional skills in speaking, writing, and a variety of other communication modalities.
- Nonprofit administration
- Nonprofit leadership (declared in fall 2015 and prior to fall 2019)
- Nonprofit leadership with certificate (declared in fall 2015 and prior to fall 2019)