The impact that the alumni of the School of Public Affairs and Administration at Western Michigan University make in the community locally, nationally, and globally speaks for the quality of education they have received. We would like to congratulate all of our alumni on their education, career success, and impacts in a variety of organizations near and far.
Please remember to update us on how you are doing and what you're up to. We love to hear from our alumni and proudly showcase recent graduates on the Alumni Spotlight and our annual newsletter, Public SPAAce. Please also remember to nominate an alum for our annual Outstanding Alumni Award (self-nominations are also welcome) and connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.
Mohammed Al Janahi
The Advisory Council of the School of Public Affairs and Administration at Western Michigan University advises the School on its plans, programs, and activities on education, research, and service outreach. The direct involvement of council members possessing distinguished records as academics and professionals helps ensure that the School’s programs and activities contribute to solving today’s increasingly complex problems in the areas of public, nonprofit, and health care policy and administration.
In order to fulfill the mission of “fostering the School’s education, research, and outreach,” the SPAA Advisory Council does the following:
- Advise on public and nonprofit practices, opportunities, and employment trends;
- Participate in evaluation of the School’s graduate and undergraduate academic programs;
- Expand the School’s network, information, and outreach to alumni, friends, and the public;
- Advance relationships with public, nonprofit, and healthcare organizations for greater service learning, internship, and other co-curricular opportunities; and
- Promote collaboration between the School and the larger community on fundraising, external grants, and other mutually beneficial activities.
Advisory Council Officers
- Chair: Matthew Lechel - Director: ONEplace, Kalamazoo Public Library
- Vice-chair: Joseph La Margo - City Manager: City of Portage
- Secretary: Jack Klee - Ph.D. student: School of Public Affairs and Administration at Western Michigan University
Advisory Council Members
- Haley Ferguson - Undergraduate student: School of Public Affairs and Administration at Western Michigan University
- Dale Howe - Independent Consultant: Area-Health Care Administration
- Stephanie Kennedy - Sr. Human Resources Director: Stryker Corporation
- Laura Lam - Deputy City Manager: City of Kalamazoo
- Lanna Lewis - Community Investment Officer: Kalamazoo Community Foundations
- Jodi Michaels - Executive Director: Colleagues International
- Mara Minot - MPA student: School of Public Affairs and Administration at Western Michigan University
- Bud Norman - County Administrator/Controller: Branch County, MI
- Daniela Schroeter - Associate Professor: School of Public Affairs and Administration at Western Michigan University
- Lucinda Stinson - Executive Director: Lending Hands
- Udaya Wagle - Professor and Director: School of Public Affairs and Administration at Western Michigan University
- Liz Youker - Director of Education and Comm Engagement: Kalamazoo Symphony Orchestra
Western Michigan University
SPAA Advisory Council
220E Walwood Hall, MS 5440
Kalamazoo, MI 49008 USA