Western Michigan University
1903 W Michigan Ave
Kalamazoo MI 49008-5355 USA
- Ph.D., University of California – San Diego
- M.S., East China Normal University – Shanghai, China
- B.A., East China Normal University – Shanghai, China
- Hearing sciences
- Hearing aids
- Perceptual and cognitive mechanisms in speech perception under adverse conditions
- Speech perception in older adults
- Psychosocial consequences of hearing loss
Dr. Shen is the director of the Auditory Perception and Cognition Research Lab.
Jing Shen received her Ph.D. in Experimental Psychology from University of California, San Diego and completed her post-doctoral fellowship in the Department of Communication Sciences and Disorders at Northwestern University. Her research interests include perceptual and cognitive mechanisms in speech perception, the impact of hearing loss and cognitive aging on older adults’ speech communication under adverse conditions, and psychosocial consequences of hearing loss. Dr. Shen is a member of the American Auditory Society and the Gerontological Society of America. Her research has been supported by National Institutes of Health.