1. For Enrollment in WMU Academic Courses
These students are given unrestricted enrollment privileges in all courses offered at Western Michigan University as consistent with their degree program and contingent on the required prerequisites. For exchange students, the tuition waiver is applied for all coursework for 12 to 15 credit hours per semester for undergraduate students and six to nine credit hours for graduate students.
- TOEFL score 61 iBT (500 PBT) or higher
- IELTS score 6.0 or higher
- TOEFL score 80 iBT (550 PBT) or higher
- IELTS score 6.5 or higher
2. For Enrollment in the WMU Center for English Language and Culture for International Students (CELCIS)
Students with TOEFL scores less than 61 iBT (500 PBT) or IELTS scores less than 6.0 will be enrolled in WMU’s Center for English Language and Culture for International Students (CELCIS), and will not be able to take any other regular university courses for credit that semester. Exchange students will be required to pay the full price as stated on the CELCIS website. Students participating in the Study Abroad at WMU program should refer to the Study Abroad @ WMU flier for the appropriate year.