Peer2Peer is now accepting applications from students interested in being a Peer2Peer social media ambassador for the 2019-2020 academic year. Undergraduate students from all majors are encouraged to apply!
This is a unique and fun volunteer opportunity that allows students from across the university to tell their story in a unique way that highlights various aspect of life at Western Michigan University.
Peer2Peer social media ambassadors are connected, involved, current students who are leaders in the WMU and Kalamazoo community and are passionate about social media. We need students who are motivated and excited to plan and execute takeovers that are relevant, authentic, engaging, original, fun, and entertaining.
Questions about the application? Email: email@example.com
Social Media Ambassador Application
Western Michigan University Social Media Policies Peer2Peer Social media Policies
Do you know someone who would be a great Peer2Peer social media ambassador?
Nominate them here:
Social Media Ambassador Nomination Form
What types of students are we looking for?
- Are passionate about Western Michigan University and want to share their story through an Instagram takeover.
- Are motivated and excited to plan and execute content that is relevant, authentic, engaging, original, and entertaining.
- Want to gain valuable experience, enhance their social media skills, and share their excitement for being a student at WMU.
- Must be a current student at WMU
- Ability to effectively communicate WMU pride to others through their own voice and experience
- Professional work habits (dependable, reliable, responsible, etc.)
- Willingness to maintain professional standards of language and behavior in all posts as outlined in WMU and Peer2Peer social media ambassador policies
- Generate social media conversations that promote the institution’s brand
- Complete the Peer2Peer social media ambassador application
- Read the Western Michigan University Social Media Policies
- Read the Peer2Peer Social Media Policies Read and sign the Peer2Peer Responsible Social Media Agreement
- Takeover the Peer2Peer Instagram account for 24 hours with a minimum of 3 scenes and a maximum of 6 scenes for what a typical day looks like for you (options for scenes available on the application)
- Instagram Stories should include #p2pwmusma or #p2pwmu at least once in the 6 scenes
- Promote your takeover on your personal Instagram the day before you are scheduled for a takeover
- Complete the Peer2Peer Social Media Ambassador Feedback form (a link will be sent to you after your takeover is complete)