ART wall gallery opening
The Office for Sustainability's Art Exhibition Wall gives student artists the opportunity to engage with the environmental, social, and economic aspects of sustainability through art. The Art Wall Gallery Opening will take place on Friday, Feb. 15 from 3 - 5 p.m. The four featured artists will be at the office to represent their work. All are welcome to come to the Office for Sustainability to celebrate the artists. Light refreshments will be provided. The chosen pieces will be on display through July 2019.
Art exhibition wall
The Office for Sustainability is now accepting submissions for the student Art Exhibition Wall. The Art Exhibition Wall gives student artists the opportunity to engage with the environmental, social, and economic aspects of sustainability through art. The chosen works will be displayed from January 2019 to July 2019.
Applications must be sent to email@example.com by November 30th, 2018.
To ensure your artwork has the best chance of being selected for display in the Office for Sustainability, please adhere to the following guidelines during the submission process.
1. Artist must be a part-time or full-time student of Western Michigan University.
2. Artist must co-host a gallery opening with WMU’s Office for Sustainability within two months from the day of installment.
3. Artist must submit original visual art. No videos or live performances are eligible for submission.
4. Artist must be present at the time when their art is being installed in order to help with the installment.
5. Artist must include an artist statement with their submission.
6. The artist understands that depending on the number and size of works submitted, their art may be a part of an exhibition that features multiple artists.
7. In order to be displayed, the artwork must be related (but not limited to); sustainability, nature, environmental justice, waste, community, culture, ecology, innovation, biodiversity, recycling, agriculture, energy, climate change, etc.
8. Artist must complete a liability release form, linked below.