Interviews are required prior to submitting an application to the program. Please complete this form to be added to the interview list.
You will be notified by December 1 to schedule your interview. Please contact Dr. Regena Nelson for more information.
This master's program meets state requirements to obtain elementary education certification at the graduate level.
The program is designed for non-certified early childhood educators who:
- Are currently employed full-time in a K-5th grade classroom that can serve as your internship placement or can be placed for a full-time internship or paid position during the school year
- Want to be a part of a supportive professional learning community
- Are ready to complete the required online classes in 12 months
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
- An overall grade point average of at least 3.0 (on a 4 point scale) in the last two years of undergraduate work
- A concise written “statement of purpose” (250 words or less) indicating the applicant’s reasons for seeking admission to the program and what the applicant hopes to accomplish during the program of study
- Two letters of recommendation
- A resume or curriculum vitae (CV)
- Complete this form to be contacted by December 1 for an interview
- Interviews will determine selection for the cohort
- Once selected for the cohort, submit the application to the graduate program
Contact person: Dr. Regena Nelson
Students will complete 36 graduate credit hours including a full-time, full-year internship in a K-5th grade classroom..
- ED 6760: Learning in social context ( 3 credits)
- ED 6040: Childhood learning and development (3 credits)
- ED 6010: Introduction to research in educational settings (3 credits)
- LS 6180 : Literacy acquisition and reading (3 credits)
- MATH 6510: Studies in elementary school mathematics (3 credits)
- ED 7120: Practicum Seminar-Classroom Management (3 credits)
- ED 5020 - Science methods (3 credits)
- SPED 5300: Introduction to special education (3 credits)
- ED 7120 - Practicum Seminar -Assessment (3 credits)
- LS 6170: Reading in the Content Areas (3 credits)
- ED 5020: Social Studies Methods (3 credits)
- ED 6790 Capstone Research Methods (3 credits)