September 18 - October 4, 2020
AN OUTDOOR PRODUCTION IN MILLER FOUNTAIN PLAZA, RICHMOND CENTER FOR VISUAL ARTS
ATTENTION: When you purchase tickets to Sunday in the Park with George, you are purchasing a "pod" for your party that will be marked off to ensure proper social distancing. Patrons who would like to sit together as a household group in one "pod" must order tickets together, in one transaction. ALSO, tickets are advanced sales only - walk-up and same-day service is not available.
Find out how you can support the 2020-2021 Season and receive tickets here!
IMPORTANT NOTES AND SAFETY POLICIES:
- Sunday in the Park with George will be presented OUTDOORS in front of the Richmond Center for Visual Arts in Miller Fountain Plaza, not far from the Gilmore Theatre Complex. Patrons will have to bring their own lawn chairs - blankets are not recommended because you will be on a concrete floor.
- Patrons will be seated in pods of no more than 4 with members of their own household. The pods will be clearly marked and spaced at least 6 feet apart. Seating is general admission and will begin 45 minutes prior to the start of the show.
- Masks are required to be worn by performers, staff and patrons at all times, at both indoor and outdoor events at WMU. If you are unable to wear a mask due to a medical condition, we are unable to make an exception. We will be providing some virtual experiences that you can enjoy at home and we’ll look forward to seeing you in person when it is safe to do so!
- Patrons will be asked to complete a self-health screening online prior to arriving to campus. This will be emailed 24 hours in advance.
- No tickets will be distributed - patrons will simply give their name at the entrance.
PARKING, ENTERING AND EXITING:
- Patrons can park in the Miller parking structure or in the outdoor lot located outside of Miller Auditorium.
- Patrons will enter the space at Miller Auditorium's main entrance next to the parking structure, next to the Richmond Center for Visual Arts. Your reservation will be confirmed in the covered area there.
- Patrons will be released to exit the space by sections to prevent congestion upon leaving. We ask that you stay seated until released to allow for proper social distancing.
September 18 and 19 - 7:00 p.m.
September 20 - 2:00 p.m.
September 24 through 26 - 7:00 p.m.
September 27 - 2:00 p.m.
October 1 through 3 - 7:00 p.m. - CANCELED
October 3 - 2:00 p.m. - added performance
October 4 - 2:00 p.m.
The box office is only open for phone service. There is no walk-up service at this time. Call us Tuesday-Friday, 12:00p.m. to 4:00p.m.
SUNDAY IN THE PARK WITH GEORGE: Inspired by the painting by Georges Seurat, Sunday in the Park with George merges past and present into beautiful, poignant truths about life, love and the creation of art. In the days leading up to the completion of his most famous painting, Georges Seurat is struggling to balance his art and his relationship with his lover, Dot. A century later, Seurat's descendant – also an artist named George – finds himself searching for his artistic path, but the answers to his future may lie in the past. One of the most acclaimed musicals of our time, this moving show was nominated for an astounding ten Tony Awards, including Best Musical.
Recommended for mature audiences. Patrons under the age of 8 will not be admitted, including babes in arms.