Western Michigan University
1903 W Michigan Ave
Kalamazoo MI 49008-5360 USA
- M.F.A., Wayne State University
- B.S., Eastern Michigan University
Kathleen MacKenzie is a costumer in Western Michigan University's Department of Theatre. She holds a B.S. from Eastern Michigan University and an M.F.A. from Wayne State University's Hilberry Repertory Theatre. She has designed Archy and Mehitabel, Metamorphoses, Misalliance, She Loves Me and 1940s Radio Hour for the University Theatre and designed and built dance pieces for the WMU Department of Dance. Past design credits include
- She Loves Me at Hope Summer Repertory Theatre
- Our Country’s Good, Hamlet and The Lady’s Not For Burning at Wayne State University
- Personal Jesus and Closer Than Ever at the Performance Network Theater in Ann Arbor, Michigan.
As a draper, MacKenzie has worked for the Madison (Wisconsin) City Ballet, where she ran the costume shop and headed the team making costumes for the first act of The Nutcracker. She also spends some summers at the American Players Theatre in Spring Green, Wisconsin. Credits there include associate draper for The Tempest and lead draper for Shaw's The Philanderer. An accomplished seamstress, she studies and recreates 16th century Ottoman Turkish costume.