Saturday, May 22, 5pm
Saturday, June 5, 5pm
PRESIDENT'S PERFORMANCES - May 22, 29 and June 4, 5
The WMU Theatre Guild and Dr. and Mrs. Montgomery invite you to be a special guest for an exclusive fundraising experience in support of student scholarships. Look for the opportunity to add this experience to the performances on May 22nd and 29th and June 4th and 5th.
All event activities will be held outside in the Miller Fountain Plaza at WMU. There are strict capacity limits and social distancing measures in place, and masks are required.
Tickets to the President's Performance are an additional $50 per person with your ticket purchase.
- Your donation comes with a gift bag, and a post-show experience with the show's cast and creative team members.
- At least $45 of each ticket is tax-deductible.
- The limited number of 25 guests per night will ensure social distancing. Masks are required.
All tickets are $15. The President's Performance is an additional $50 per person in support of student scholarships.
WMU students can receive one free ticket per valid Bronco ID. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to reserve your free student ticket.
ATTENTION: When you purchase tickets to either of these shows, you are purchasing a "pod" for your party that will be marked off to ensure proper social distancing. Patrons who would like to sit together as a household group in one "pod" must order tickets together in one transaction. Tickets are advanced sales only - walk-up and same-day service are not available. Masks are required at all times.
The box office is only open for phone service. There is no walk-up service at this time.
You can also email us at email@example.com.
ABOUT THE SHOW
THE 25th ANNUAL PUTNAM COUNTY SPELLING BEE
Music and Lyrics by William Finn, Book by Rachel Sheinkin
An eclectic group of six mid-pubescents vie for the spelling championship of a lifetime. While candidly disclosing hilarious and touching stories from their home lives, the tweens spell their way through a series of (potentially made-up) words, hoping never to hear the soul-crushing, pout inducing, life un-affirming "ding" of the bell that signals a spelling mistake. Six spellers enter; one speller leaves! At least the losers get a juice box.
Winner of the Tony and the Drama Desk Awards for Best Book, The 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee has charmed audiences across the country with its effortless wit and humor. Featuring a fast-paced, wildly funny and touching book by Rachel Sheinkin and a truly fresh and vibrant score by William Finn, this bee is one unforgettable experience.
IMPORTANT NOTES AND SAFETY POLICIES
- These shows will be presented OUTDOORS in front of the Richmond Center for Visual Arts in Miller Fountain Plaza, not far from the Gilmore Theatre Complex. Patrons will have to bring their own lawn chairs - you will be on a concrete surface, not grass.
- Patrons will be seated in pods of no more than 4 with members of their own household. The pods will be clearly marked and spaced at least 6 feet apart. Seating is general admission and will begin 30 minutes prior to the start of the show.
- No tickets will be distributed - patrons will simply give their names at the entrance.
PARKING AND ENTERING:
- Patrons can park in the Miller parking structure or in the outdoor lot located outside of Miller Auditorium.
- Patrons will enter the performance area at Miller Auditorium's main entrance next to the parking structure, by the Richmond Center for Visual Arts.