Western Michigan University is the only place that transforms individuals, families and communities.
- Engagement with top notch faculty, staff, students and programs.
- Leadership experience through internships, service learning, study abroad and community based projects.
- Intentional relationship building with alumni and community members outside the institution.
- Strong Alumni Development program that provides opportunities for engagement and giving back other than monetary.
- Targeted focus on developing relationships with stakeholders and local communities that result in action based projects.
- Engagement with regional stakeholders , schools, and businesses in SW to create community and provide opportunities for collaboration.
- Creating pipelines and a "WMU fingerprint" in the community that focuses on traditionally under-represented students. ( Latinx, rural, first generation,) to access WMU.
- Meet the needs of the communities by addressing language and educational barriers ( providing print, radio, media materials that are able to be understood by most).