Transfer Student Services utilizes a student-centered approach which empowers students in their successful transition to Western Michigan University by developing collaborative efforts to effectively enhance the academic success of the transfer student population.
- Act as an advocate for transfer students to help resolve issues once usual procedures have been exhausted.
- Identify institutional practices, policies and procedures that may negatively impact student success. Develop and implement workable solutions to meet the unique needs of the transfer students.
- Create collaborative university networks that identify and connect the academic, administrative and necessary support services for the transfer student population.
- Represent WMU in the role of advocate in developing relationships with Michigan community colleges.
Serving Transfer Students
- Transfer Student Services provides information and direction for students seeking admission, including contact information and Web resources, as well as continuing support services for the transfer student population.
- Transfer Student Services works with other WMU offices such as Student Activities and Leadership Programs, Residence Life and the Office of Admissions to present events for students new to WMU.
- Transfer Student Services works to identify and resolve institutional practices and policies that impact transfer students through ongoing relationships with the administration of Western Michigan University and its network of support.
Special Events and Activities
- Transfer Transition Program - For Summer and Fall Admits
- Fall Welcome Transfer Express
- Spring Orientation - For January Admits
- Reverse Transfer Agreements