Student Leadership Application and Process

 application now open for only fall welcome ambassadors.  see deadline info below.

The Office of Student Transitions Student Leader Application:

We are pleased to announce that we will be taking applications for all of the student leader positions available through the Office of Student Transitions.  Below you will find a position description for available opportunities. 

 Position Descriptions:

 Click on the position for more information.

Fall Welcome Ambassador Position

Application Process:

Any applicant interested in the position listed above (first-time or returning) must complete the Office of Student Transitions Student Leader Application.  PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING PRIOR TO SUBMITTING YOUR APPLICATION.

Group Interviews:

All candidates who have not previously held a position with the Office of Student Transitions will be required to complete the group interview process.  Group interviews will be available on March 23 for candidates who are interested in the Fall Welcome position and apply by March 20.  Group interview sign up will occur at the time of application and will occur on the main campus. 

Individual Interviews:

Students who need an individual interview will sign up for a time upon completion of the group.  If an individual interview is necessary, you will be contacted by an OST representative. 

Returning Student Leaders:

Any returning student leader (Fall Welcome Ambassador, First-Year Seminar Co-Facilitator, Student Orientation Leader, Transfer Ambassador or Front Desk Staff Member) will not be required to have a group interview; however, you may be asked to sign up for an individual interview.  An OST representative will contact you to make arrangements should you require an individual interview.


All applicants (new and returning) must complete the Office of Student Transitions Student Leader Application and provide the names and email addresses of two references who can speak to your leadership skills (former teachers/instructors, supervisors, etc.). You will be asked to upload a resume which must contain your name, phone number, local address, previous schools (if you transferred to WMU), academic status (FR, SO, JR, SR), majors and minors, cumulative WMU GPA after fall 2018, honors and awards, student organizations, and employment experiences (both paid and volunteer).  IN ADDITION once you access the application, you will be asked to cut and paste two questions at the end of your resume along with your responses prior to uploading the document.

Applicants are responsible for sending the reference link to their references.  The link can be found in the application. 



Applicants applying for ONLY the Fall Welcome Ambassador position, have a deadline of March 20, 2019.

click here to access the 2019 ost student leader application

For questions regarding the application process, please call the Office of Student Transitions at (269) 387-2167.