The Campus Navigator is live and ready to serve as your guide to Orientation and University resources.
New Student Orientation 2019
- View Orientation 2019 dates.
- View 2019 schedules here: Student Orientation Family Orientation Honors-First Orientation
- Student Orientation is a two-day experience that occurs multiple times throughout the month of June.
- While at New Student Orientation, you will meet with Academic Advisors and register for fall classes.
- All 2019 high school graduates are required to attend Orientation before they can register for classes.
- 2018 high school graduates, that have not completed any courses since graduating, are required to attend Orientation.
- Early Middle College graduates are required to attend Orientation, the year they plan to begin at Western.
- Students that have been out of high school for more than 2 years are not required to attend, but are welcome.
- Students that are not enrolling on main campus (i.e. students enrolling fully online or at one of our regional campuses) are not required to attend New Student Orientation.
- Transfer and Adult Learner students (New Beginner Students 22+) - refer to wmich.edu/transitions/transfer
- International Students - refer to wmich.edu/international/
Congratulations on your decision to attend Western Michigan University. You will soon join the many proud Broncos that are part of the WMU family. Your college years are a time of learning, exploration and self-discovery and there are many opportunities waiting for you. Your WMU journey begins with summer orientation. You will make great connections with faculty and staff as well as other new students, many of whom could become your friends for life. You will leave orientation with a lot of Bronco pride and the excitement of returning in August to begin your collegiate journey.