What is Plan It 4-Ward?
*** A tool that can be used to help you develop a/an:
- Comprehensive, personalized academic plan and experiences during your entire time at WMU.
- Plan that supports and reinforces financial well-being through consistent education and application.
- Plan that bridges personal interests and career aspirations through intentional educational and experiential opportunities beginning first-year through graduation from WMU.
- Integrated experiences that compliments your overall WMU experience through involvement, participation and engagement.
How can Plan It 4-Ward benefit me?
*** Using the Plan It 4-Ward tool means:
- You have access to the expertise and resources of multiple offices across campus (Academic Advising, Financial Aid, Career and Student Employment, Graduate College, your department and faculty mentor, etc.) designed to support and assist as you progress through the university.
- That you are not working alone to accomplish your goals.
- You are focused, conscientious and intentional potentially minimizing your time to graduation.
How do I use Plan It 4-Ward?
- Use Plan It 4-Ward as a strategy to make continued progress toward graduation.
- Meet with your support team regularly (at least once a semester) to maintain consistent progress toward graduation.
- Consistently review and update each section of your Plan-It 4-Ward tool as appropriate.
How much time will it involve?
- You can probably anticipate 4-6 hours per semester which would include meeting with someone from your support team and updating your Plan It 4-Ward tool.
What is the relationship between Plan it 4-ward and the WMU signature?
- Plan It 4-Ward and WMU Signature are complementary programs. Plan It 4-Ward is a tool for students to plan their entire WMU experience across four aspects, Financial, Academic, Well-Being, Career, and Engagement. The latter of which is connected to WMU Signature, which is focused on: helping students get engaged, making meaning of their engagement, finding an area of passion, and ultimately completing a unique P.E.A.K. experience.
the plan it 4-ward tool
- CLICK HERE to view the template.
- For more information on WMU Signature, CLICK HERE.
watch the video below about plan it 4-ward
** An updated video including information about the Well-Being element will be added at a later date. The information contained in this video is still useful in helping you to understand how to use the Plan It 4-Ward tool.**
chart your course with plan it 4-ward