Step 1: Create or verify that you have a AAA login* profile
- Create a profile — follow the Certify setup and create your account
- Verification—if you can't remember your login for the AAA's online reservation system or if you have a profile created contact AAA Travel by email or calling (800) 854-5044.
*Please note: Your AAA's reservation system login is not your Western Michigan University's BroncoNet ID and password.
Step 2: Estimate your travel plans and costs for things such as:
- Departure and return dates.
- Conference cost.
- Hotel accommodations.
- Air travel—estimated cost for air travel through AAA's online reservation system. All tickets must be booked through AAA Travel.
Better deals found elsewhere?
If you are able to provide documentation that you can find a lower price from an outside source, contact AAA at (800) 854-5044 to see if they can match the price. If they are unable to match the price a waiver can be obtained as long as it is done before the tickets are purchased. Purchases of airline tickets from another source without a waiver will not be reimbursed.
- Car rental.
Step 3: Obtain online air travel authorization
University travelers, as far in advance as possible:
- Login to the travel authorization system using your BroncoNet ID and password.
- Have your travel estimation available for entry into the online system.
- Complete and submit an online travel authorization.
- Wait for notification that your authorization has been approved.
Step 4: Place your reservations
Once your authorization has been approved you can proceed with placing your reservations.
Domestic and International Travel
Log in to AAA's reservation system to place your travel reservations and solidify your itinerary or book through a AAA travel agent by calling (800) 854-5044.
- Ticket payment
Tickets will be automatically charged to the University's business travel account and then charged back to the various departments accordingly.
- Frequent flier mileage
University travelers are allowed to keep their own frequent flier miles. However, travelers should keep in mind the importance of obtaining the lowest available fares.
- Hotel accommodations
If lodging has not been prearranged, such as through a conference, AAA Travel can assist you with your reservation.
- Car rental
When a rental car is needed with air travel, the reservation can be made via AAA Travel. A personal credit card will be requested by AAA Travel to guarantee the reservation. A personal credit card will also be needed for payment of the rental car at pick up. The original receipt will need to be submitted for reimbursement.
Please note: Flight reservations and payment reservation outside of coach class must be pre-approved by the appropriate vice president.
If you need AAA agent assistance you may call (800) 854-5044.