Trustee Kitchens serves as president and CEO of the Birmingham Business Alliance leading initiatives on accelerating job growth and fostering a competitive and diverse economy for the Birmingham, Alabama area. With more than 40 years of experience in economic development, he has been a businessman, city administrator, elected official, and formerly a staff member to a United States Senator. He is an experienced consultant in local and national politics.
Kitchens previously led the economic development agency Southwest Michigan First, as chief executive officer and served on the Collaborative Development Council for the Michigan Economic Development Corporation. Prior to that he served as CEO of the Corpus Christi Regional Economic Development Corporation.
- Public administration, Missouri State University
- Corporate director training and certification, UCLA Anderson School of Management
- Negotiation and decision-making program, Harvard Business School
- Favorite Book: Following the Equator, by Mark Twain.
- Success in one word: Love.