Supplemental Instruction is offered for many of the courses in these areas:
- and others.
Need help with a specific course?
COLLEGE SUCCESS SEMINARS
The College Success Seminars provide a forum to allow students the opportunity to develop new or refine current skills that they may find useful in their academic and professional careers. Seminars are free and do not require advance registration.
All seminars will be held in 1353 Ellsworth Hall (Learning Studio) unless noted.
Topics covered this spring include:
- Approaches to problem-solving
- College vocabulary development
- Communication differences: professors and classmates
- Coping with test anxiety
- Enhancing reading comprehension
- Financial cents: breaking budget
- Finishing strong: preparing for finals
- First works: Making the most of your first grades.
- Increasing your reading rate
- Mid-semester check-in
- Note-taking strategies
- Preparing for a successful semester
- Reconciling your learning styles
- Research reading and development
- Strengthening basic math
- Study strategies for success
- Test-taking strategies
- Textbook reading methods
- Time management techniques