Do you have a history of substance use? CPS or foster care involvement? Don't want to repeat cycles? We can help. BRISA is a resiliency-based program focused on the needs of the whole family.
The BRISA Program, Building Resiliency in Substance Abusing Families, is funded by the Michigan Health Endowment Grant and was developed to create an integrative and innovative approach to addressing intergenerational trauma and substance abuse concerns with families involved in the child welfare system and families at risk for involvement in the child welfare system. The BRISA Program is a partnership between WMU’s Children’s Trauma Assessment Center and WMU’s Behavioral Health Clinic.
- Parent(s) Substance Abuse Evaluation
- Parent Trauma and Attachment Assessment
- Child Neurodevelopmental Trauma Assessment
- Structured Parent-Child Observation
- Individual and Group Substance Abuse Treatment for the Parent(s)
- Short-Term Parent Coaching
- Attachment-Focused Therapeutic Treatment
How it Works
How it works
Here is the process of how the BRISA program works.