To help you understand if your insurance plan will reimburse the full AAEC evaluation at the Western Evaluation Center for Autism and Neurodevelopmental Disorders at WMU, we have created a list of commonly used codes by providers.
WECAN at Western Michigan University participates with the following insurance plans:
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Traditional
- Blue Cross Blue Shield TRUST
- Blue Care Network
This list will be updated as we contract with other insurance plans. Contact your insurance provider with questions.
Please note that insurance plans may vary and are subject to change. Contact your plan provider for specific coverage information.
Financial Policy and Scheduling Update:
We ask that clients work with us with an understanding that deductibles and co-pays need to be paid and insurance coverage does not guarantee payment for all services.
Our new scheduling process has changed to support this financial policy:
- Clients will be asked to pay a deposit at the time their first appointment is scheduled, which will be a portion of their visit charge that will go toward deductible.
- Should deductibles be met at the time of scheduling, the client will pay an appointment charge of $100.
- Clients will be asked to pay the remaining deductible portion at their subsequent visits, along with co-pays and co-insurance amounts.
- We will use a waiting list and reschedule policy with clients that need time to financially plan for these specialized services. The client will call us back when they are ready to schedule.