The Unified Clinics, like the rest of Western Michigan University, is working hard to protect the health and safety of all our patients, students, staff and faculty. University and college plans for a safe return continue to evolve. The latest information is available here.
Unified Clinics patients, families, students, faculty and staff,
Welcome back to spring 2021 at the Unified Clinics.
We know you’re concerned about safety, and I want you to know that we’re concerned about your safety, too. Rest assured that staff at the Unified Clinics and in the college have worked tirelessly and met many times with groups in the college and across the University to come up with a plan to come back in the safest way possible. On this page, we'll list some of the changes we've made and updated building procedures to help everyone come back safe.
The Unified Clinics are open, with the following changes.
- Charles Van Riper Speech and Language Clinic is providing teletherapy by appointment .
- Charles Van Riper Audiology Clinic is open by appointment only. No walk-ins.
- Marion R. Spear Occupational Therapy Clinic is open.
- Behavioral Health Services is open for remote therapy services.
- Vision Clinic is open by appointment only. No walk-ins.
- Psychology Clinic is open for remote therapy services. Prospective patients should call (269) 387-8302.
- Comprehensive Women's Health Clinic is open by appointment only.
- Western Evaluation Center for Autism and Neurodevelopmental Disorders (WECAN) remains closed.
- Southwest Michigan Children's Trauma Assessment Center is open by appointment only.
The Unified Clinics at 1000 Oakland Drive is open by appointment only. No walk-ins at this time. The building will be open Monday through Thursday, 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. and Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Masks and PPE
In addition to the daily screening, all patients, visitors, staff, students and faculty are required to wear some sort of mask to enter the building. If you don't have a mask, the clinics will provide one. In addition, other personal protective equipment (PPE) will be made available as needed.
Patients, visitors, staff, students and faculty entering the building must complete either the in-person health check or the WMU pre-screening survey through GoWMU every day.
Once in the building, you'll notice that furniture has been rearranged or removed to allow space for proper social distancing. Please continue to maintain 6' distance between yourself and others.