There are two options available for accessing W-Exchange from your mobile device. Using the exchange option provides access to email, calendar and contacts from the corresponding native apps build into your phone or tablet. The Microsoft Outlook app provides access to W-Exchange email, calendar (including shared calendars) and contacts from one convenient app.
Exchange setup on Android varies between phone manufacturers. The settings will be the same across devices, but menu wording may vary slightly.
- Open phone settings and select the Accounts or Accounts and sync section. Choose Add an Account.
- Choose Email. Some phones may call this Exchange, Corporate or Active Sync.
- Enter your Bronco NetID @wmich.edu and then tap Next. You will be redirected to the WMU Login service.
- Login with your Bronco NetID and password. Do not add @wmich.edu to your Bronco NetID when signing in to the WMU Login service.
- You will see a Permission requested notice. Select Accept to continue.
- Sign in is complete. Tap Done.
Outlook for Android requires a device running Android 4.0 or later.
- Download the Outlook for Android app from the Google Play store if you haven't installed it yet. If you already have it installed, open it and then select More > Settings > Add Account.
- Select Office 365.
- Enter your Bronco NetID @wmich.edu, (e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org). You will be redirected to the WMU Login service.
- Enter your password, and then select Log in. Outlook for Android then starts syncing the account.
- To view your calendar, files, or contacts from the app, select More.
- To learn more about using Outlook for Android, select the navigation control at the bottom of your device, or select Menu > Help.