There are two options available for accessing W-Exchange from your mobile device. Using the exchange option provides access to email, calendar and contacts from the corresponding native apps build into your phone or tablet. The Microsoft Outlook app provides access to W-Exchange email, calendar (including shared calendars) and contacts from one convenient app.
Outlook App (recommended)
- Download the Outlook for iOS app from the Apple Store if you haven't installed it yet.
- Open the app, then select Settings > Add Account.
- Select Office 365.
- Enter your Bronco NetID @wmich.edu, (e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org). You will be redirected to the WMU Login service.
- Enter your Bronco NetID and password, and then select Log in. Outlook for iOS then starts syncing the account.
- To view your calendar, files, or contacts from the app, use the icons at the bottom of the app.
- To learn more about using Outlook for iOS, select Settings > Help.
Built-in mail app
- Launch the Settings application and select Accounts & Passwords from the list.
- Select Add Account.
- Select Exchange.
- Enter the following settings and select Next:
Email: your Bronco NetID @wmich.edu
Description: WMU (or whatever you would like to call it)
- You will be redirected to the WMU Login service. Login with your Bronco NetID and password.
- You may be asked to grant the mail app permission to access your account, click Accept if prompted.
- Choose which services you would like to sync with W-Exchange.
- When finished, select Save.