WMU Home > About WMU > WMU News

WMU News

Are you taking summer courses elsewhere?

April 20, 2007

KALAMAZOO--Western Michigan University students are reminded that if they are going to be a "guest student" at another Michigan school during the summer, they can use the guest application available in GoWMU, the University's secure intranet portal.

The application form will be filled in automatically with all the appropriate information from the student's records," says WMU Registrar Barbara McKinney. "All our student needs to do is fill in the name of the Michigan school they plan to attend. Then, print, sign and mail the application to that school."

Students do not need to go to the Registrar's Office to get the application signed. The WMU seal and the registrar's signature are printed on the application.

"That's one of the advantages of having a secure portal like GoWMU. From anywhere with Internet access, our students can complete, print and mail the application whenever it's convenient for them," says McKinney.

The guest application can be found in "My Self-Service" in GoWMU. For more information, contact the Registrar's Office at registrar-info@wmich.edu or (269) 387-4300.

Media contact: Thom Myers, (269) 387-8400, thom.myers@wmich.edu

WMU News
Office of University Relations
Western Michigan University
1903 W Michigan Ave
Kalamazoo MI 49008-5433 USA
(269) 387-8400