Western Michigan University's 2018 open enrollment period begins on Monday, Nov. 6, and concludes on Thursday, Nov. 30. All enrollment and change forms must be submitted to Human Resources by 5 p.m. on Thursday, Nov. 30.
Enrollment elections will take effect on Jan. 1, 2018.
Contribution rate changes will take effect with your first paycheck in January.
Except for the flexible spending account, your current benefits elections will continue into next year if you do not take any action. This is your annual opportunity to add dependents to your health plan or enroll yourself if you waived coverage. After open enrollment ends, you cannot change your benefit election unless you have a qualifying life event.
FSA elections must be renewed each year during open enrollment. FSA elections will not roll over into the next year.
This is also a good time to update your address and life insurance beneficiary designations.
2018 Benefits Open Enrollment Meetings
- Monday, Nov. 6, 1:30 p.m. and 3:30 p.m., Kirsch Auditorium - Fetzer Center.
*Both meetings were recorded and may be viewed at your convenience. Click here.
*View the PowerPoint presentation for the 2018 Benefits Open Enrollment Meetings.
- Thursday, Nov. 30, 9:30 a.m., Kirsch Auditorium - Fetzer Center. This meeting is retiree focused.
Please select your group to obtain benefits Open Enrollment information:
- Aviation Associates and R3 Research Associates
- COBRA Participants
- Dining Services, Facilities Management and Other (AFSCME)
- Faculty (AAUP)
- Police Officers (POA)
- Power Plant (MSEA)
- Research Staff (R1 and R2)
- Senior Administrative Officers
- Staff Compensation System
Police Sergeants and Lieutenants
Retirees, Surviving spouses, and Others
AAUP and Non-Bargaining Employee Group Retirees and Surviving Spouses
AFSCME and MSEA Retirees and Surviving Spouses