The Hydrogeology Field Course in the Department of Geological and Environmental Sciences at Western Michigan University is a valuable investment for geosciences students and professionals. Many participants report that as a result of completing this training they were able to secure jobs or advance their current positions. The cost of enrolling in the HFC is comprised of tuition, reservation fees, course fees and technology fees, listed below.
The cost of tuition for the HFC is the same for in-state and out-of-state residents.
Hydrogeology Field Course tuition (Extended University Programs):
- $617.43 per credit hour (graduate)
- $436.77 per credit hour (undergraduate)
Note: Tuition is subject to change per the decision of the WMU Board of Trustees.
In addition to tuition, HFC participants are responsible for reservation, course and technology fees.
- Reservation Fee: A reservation fee of $100 for each week you are enrolling must accompany each HFC application. This fee is in addition to the course fees listed below and will not show on your bill from WMU. This deposit will be refunded if acceptance is not granted. Following notification of acceptance, however, this deposit will be non-refundable.
- Course Fee: A course fee is required for each week (credit hour) taken and will appear on your bill from WMU:
- GEOS 5230–HAZWOPER: $225 course fee
- All other modules: $125 course fee
- Technology Fee: A $20 per course technology fee will be assessed.