Subscribe to WMU International Update—a weekly email of upcoming events.
Monday, April 20
- Documentary Screening—"The Hunting Ground," panel discussion to follow film, 6:30 p.m., 1920 Sangren Hall. Information.
Tuesday, April 21
- Lecture— "Truth, Justice, and Reconciliation on the Ground: Normative Divergence in the Western Balkans,"Jelena Subotic, Georgia State University, 3:30 p.m., PSCI Library, 3301 Friedman.
- Lecture— “Crisis at The Hague: What Has Gone Wrong with International War Crimes Trials?” 7:30 p.m., Jelena Subotic, Georgia State University Fetzer Center, Putney Auditorium. Information.
Wednesday, April 22
- Physics Colloquium— "Mathematics of the Faraday Cage" Nick Trefethen, Oxford University, U.K., 4 p.m., 1110 Rood Hall. Information.
Thursday, April 23
- Conference—"Diplomacy Begins Here: Detroit!" 9 a.m. to 8 p.m., Detroit Marriott at the Renaissance Center. Information.
- Lecture—"Translation and Gender," Dr. Momoko Nakamura, Kanto Gakuin University, 5 to 6 p.m., 3025 Brown Hall. Information.
- Open Mic— "Environmental and Sustainability Studies Program Second Annual Open Mic for the Earth and Student Awards Ceremony," 6 to 9 p.m., Martini's Pizza (upstairs room).
- Islam in Global Perspectives Speaker Series— "The Revolution Within: Islamic Television and the Struggle for the 'New Egypt," Dr. Yasmine Moll, University of Michigan, 6 to 7:30 p.m., 3512 Knauss Hall Information.
- Performance—"Lalo Cura," Spanish Rockband from Indiana, doors open at 8 p.m., show begins at 9 p.m., Bell's Eccentric Cafe. Information.
Saturday, April 25
- Commemoration—"40 Years of Vietnamese-Americans' Journey to Freedom," 5 to 9 p.m., Saigon Plaza: 141 28th St., Grand rapids. Information.
Wednesday, April 29
- Reading and Discussion—"Monkey Business," moderated by Jeffrey Angles, Western Michigan University, 4 to 5:30 p.m., 3025 Brown Hall. Information.
Saturday, May 16
- Stulberg International String Competition—8 to 10 p.m., Dalton Center Recital Hall. Information.