Subscribe to WMU International Update--a weekly email of upcoming events.
Thursday, Nov. 20
- Burnham-Macmillan Speaker Series—"The Last Imperial Coronations in Rome: The End of the Holy Roman Empire?" Dr. Jonathan Lyon, University of Chicago, Center for the Humanities, 5:30 to 7 p.m. Free.
- IEW 2014—American Thanksgiving Celebration, hosted by the International Student Fellowship, noon to 1:30 p.m., Kanley Chapel Social Room. Information.
- IEW 2014—Study Abroad Info Table, 1 to 3 p.m., Bernhard Center Lower Level. Information.
- Gwen Frostic Series, seminar and reception, "The True Cost of Oil," by Garth Lenz, internationally renowned photographer, Richmond Center, 5:30 p.m. Information.
Friday, Nov. 21
- Teaching English Abroad, discussion panel hosted by the global and international studies program, 11 a.m. Friday, Nov. 21, 3025 Brown Hall. Information.
- Biological Sciences Seminar Series—"Microbial Community Responses to Tree Composition and Diversity in Subtropical China," Dr. Jessica Gutknecht, University of Minnesota, 1710 Wood Hall, 3:30 to 4:30 p.m. Free.
- IEW 2014—Study Abroad Info Table, hosted by WMU Study Abroad, 1 to 3 p.m., Bernhard Center Lower Level. Information.
- IEW 2014—Japan Festival, hosted by Japan Club, 3 to 6 p.m., 105 Bernhard Center. Information.
- IEW 2014—Dominican Festival, hosted by Dominican Student Organization, 4 to 7 p.m., Trimpe Building. Information.
- IEW 2014—Legally Desi, hosted by Indian Student Association, 6 to 9 p.m., Fetzer Center. Information
Wednesday, Nov. 26
Thanksgiving recess begins at noon - no afternoon classes, WMU offices open normal hours.
Thursday, Nov. 27
Thanksgiving recess - No classes. WMU offices closed except for essential and emergency services.U.S. Thanksgiving Day
Friday, Nov. 28
Thanksgiving recess - No classes. WMU offices closed except for essential and emergency services.
Wednesday, Dec. 3
- Global Citizenship lecture series, “Disability, Handicap, Disorder, Impairment: Global Perspectives,” noon to 1 p.m., Lee Honors College Lounge. Information.
Friday, Feb. 13
- Lecture, "The Impact of Fiscal Policy on Poverty in Ethiopia: A Computable General Equilibrium - Microsimulation Analysis," Daniel A. Mengistu, of Western Michigan University. 3 to 4:30 p.m., 2212 Dunbar Hall. Read more.
Thursday, Feb. 26
- Real Talk Diversity Series, " Islam 101: Creating an inclusive campus environment," 6 to 7:30 p.m., Multicultural Center in the Adrian Trimpe Building. Information.