The application period for 2016-17 Department of Marketing scholarships is now closed.
Each year, Western Michigan University students majoring in any area of marketing at the Haworth College of Business are invited to apply for various scholarship. In addition, a number of scholarships are also available solely for those majoring in advertising and promotion, marketing, sales and business marketing, or food and consumer package goods marketing. To be awarded a scholarship by the Department of Marketing, students must complete the following application.
Separate applications are required for Haworth College of Business scholarships.
The qualifications and conditions associated with each marketing scholarship are listed below.
General eligibility requirements
- Must have a major slip on file in the Department of Marketing unless otherwise specified.
- Must have an overall GPA of 3.0 or higher at WMU unless otherwise specified.
- Must have a minimum of 56 credit hours completed prior to the start of the fall semester.
- Must be a full-time student (carrying a minimum of 12 semester hours) at the time of application and when receiving funds
Advertising and promotion scholarships
These scholarships are available to individuals with a declared major in advertising and promotion who have a 3.0 GPA or higher.
- Advertising and Promotion Advisory Board Scholarship
- Cynthia Wrazien-Hirt Endowed Memorial Advertising Scholarship
- Philip A. Long—VML Scholarship
- Ronald J. Davis—VML Scholarship
- Zane Cannon Memorial Scholarship
These scholarships are available to individuals with a declared major in marketing who have a 3.0 GPA or higher and who are active in university and community activities.
- Bob & Amy Samples Marketing Scholarship
- Dr. Andrew Brogowicz Scholarship
- Dr. Raymond and Mary Dannenberg Scholarships
- Ronald J. Davis—VML Scholarship
Sales and business marketing scholarships
These scholarships are available to individuals with a declared major in sales and business marketing who have a 3.0 GPA or higher (unless otherwise specified below) and who are active in the University and community activities.
- Bob & Amy Samples Sales & Business Marketing Scholarship
- Greenleaf Companies Sales and Business Marketing Scholarship
- James W. Richmond Sales and Business Marketing Scholarship
- Ronald A. Elenbaas Sales and Business marketing Scholarship
Food and consumer package goods marketing scholarships
These scholarships are available to individuals with a declared major in food and consumer package goods marketing and a grade-point average of 2.50 or higher. A number of these scholarships are contingent on continued donor funding.
- Associated Food Dealers of Michigan Scholarship
- Sid Brooks Endowed Memorial Scholarship
- Dorothy J. and Clinton J. Christoff Endowed Scholarship
- Freshman or transfer student
- Preference for graduates of Lowell Public Schools or West Michigan
- Coca-Cola Food Marketing Fellowships
- Distinguished Order of Zerocrats Scholarship
- Jules W. Englander Memorial Scholarship
- Junior or senior standing
- G and R Feldpausch Scholarship
- Food and Consumer Package Goods Marketing Advisory Board Scholarship
- William O. Haynes Endowed Memorial Scholarship
- Kellogg's Food Marketing Scholarship
- Kraft Foods Scholarship
- Julie Kravitz Endowed Memorial Scholarship
- Michigan Food and Beverage Association Scholarships
- Michigan Grocers Association—Paul Felice Scholarship
- Richard Neschich Endowed Memorial Scholarship
- Patrick M. Quinn Endowed Food Marketing Scholarship
Additional food marketing scholarships funded by outside organizations
Asparagus Club Scholarship
Each year, the Baton Rouge Area Foundation accepts applications for the Asparagus Club Scholarships. Each year, subject to availability of funds, as many as 10 scholarships go to full-time juniors, seniors or graduate students pursuing a degree in business, food management or another relevant course of study leading to a career in the grocery industry, with preference given to the independent retail and wholesale sector.
Each scholarship is $1,500 per semester (fall and spring only) for a maximum of four consecutive semesters. Recipients must maintain a 2.5 grade point average per semester/quarter and full-time status to continue receiving the scholarship. The deadline to apply for a scholarship is April 30.
Grocery Manufacturers’ Representatives of Grand Rapids
- Foster and promote fellowship with local Food Industry partners through regular contact.
- Affect the local communities through Food Drive outreach.
- Provide scholarship for worthy applicants seeking a career in the Food Industry.
Scholarship Application Details:
- Go to www.gmrofgr.com
- Select “Click here to submit a scholarship application now”.
- Award recipients to be notified in mid-August for the fall semester.
- Payment to be made directly to WMU on recipients’ behalf.
- Applications will be accepted through June 15, 2014.
Network of Executive Women Scholarship
Past scholarship winners
- 2015-16 Scholarship Recipients
- 2014-15 Scholarship Recipients
- 2013-14 Scholarship Recipients
- 2012-13 Scholarship Recipients
- 2011-12 Scholarship Recipients
- 2010-11 Scholarship Recipients
- 2009-10 Scholarship Recipients
- 2008-09 Scholarship Recipients
- 2007-08 Scholarship Recipients
- 2006-07 Scholarship Recipients
- 2005-06 Scholarship Recipients