Keywords are specific words or phrases that job seekers use to search for jobs and employers use to find the right candidates.
- These are most easily found in the job description under the responsibilities, tasks and recommended skills sections.
- Try the company mission statement or values on their website for additional ideas.
- You can also search online. For example, “keywords for nursing resumes.”
- Keywords can include action verbs, technical skills (programs, software, language, equipment, etc.) and desired personal qualities.
- Review your major related text books for vocabulary.
- Action verbs describe your skills, accomplishments, and experiences.
- Review our action verbs and search online for words/phrases specific to your area of study and expertise. For example, “action verbs for mechanical engineering resumes.”