Title: Sample Surveys
Speakers: Tess Kolp, Christopher Shank, and Brittany Hall
Time: Friday Sept. 22, 11 a.m., 6625 Everett Tower
Title: The Flipped Classroom
Speaker: Loren Heun, Department of Statistics
Time: Friday Sept. 29, 11 a.m., 6625 Everett Tower
Statistics tutor lab
Free tutoring is available for STAT 1600, 2160, 2600, 3640 and 3660 in 3363 Rood Hall. Fall 2017 hours: Monday and Wednesday from 9 a.m. to 9 p.m.,Tuesday and Thursday from 9 a.m. to 7 p.m.
Check out the WMU Statistics Facebook page. Students, friends and alumni can connect, post job announcements or share items of general interest. Colloquium announcements will also be posted here.
- Best master's degrees? According to Forbes.com survey, they are Biostatistics (#1) and Statistics (#2).
- "Employment of statisticians is projected to grow 34 percent from 2014 to 2024," according to the Bureau of Labor Occupational Outlook Handbook.
- Statistician and Data Scientist made the Top 10 Best Jobs in CareerCast.com's annual list. Major factors considered were good work environment, low stress and good jobs outlook.
With a career in statistics—the science of learning from data—you can make a difference, have fun and make money.
- Sept 5: Classes begin
- Nov 6: Last day to withdraw from classes
- Nov 22: Thanksgiving (begins at noon)
- Dec 1: Last day to apply for April Graduation
- Dec 11-14: Final Exam Week
- Dec 16: Commencement
- Jan 8: Classes begin
- Jan 15: MLK Day recess
- Feb 1: Last day to apply for June graduation
- March 5-9: Spring break
- March 19: Last day to withdraw from classes
- April 23-26: Final Exam Week
- April 28: Commencement