Title: Internship reports
Speaker: Audrey Gibson and Ahmad Talafha, Western Michigan University
Time: March 16 Fri, 11 am, 6625 Everett Tower
Statistics tutor lab
Free tutoring is available for STAT 1600, 2160, 2600, 3640 and 3660 in 3363 Rood Hall.
Spring 2018 hours are:
Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday: 9 a.m. to 9 p.m.
Thursday: 9 a.m. to 3 p.m., 6 p.m. to 9 p.m.
Check out the WMU Statistics Facebook page. Students, friends and alumni can connect, post job announcements or share items of general interest. Colloquium announcements will also be posted here.
- Best master's degrees? According to Forbes.com survey, they are Biostatistics (#1) and Statistics (#2).
- "Employment of statisticians is projected to grow 34 percent from 2014 to 2024," according to the Bureau of Labor Occupational Outlook Handbook.
- Statistician and Data Scientist made the Top 10 Best Jobs in CareerCast.com's annual list. Major factors considered were good work environment, low stress and good jobs outlook.
With a career in statistics—the science of learning from data—you can make a difference, have fun and make money.
- Jan. 8: Classes begin
- Jan. 15: MLK Day recess
- Feb. 1: Last day to apply for June graduation
- March 5-9: Spring break
- March 19: Last day to withdraw from classes
- April 23-26: Final Exam Week
- April 28: Commencement