Learn more about recent news in the College of Arts and Sciences at Western Michigan University.
Submit your news items online to the College of Arts and Sciences.
College of Arts and Sciences
- Petcovic named to WMU arts and sciences leadership position
- WMU’s Global and International Studies program names new director
- WMU’s Mallinson Institute for Science Education names new director
College of Arts and Sciences appoints new chairs
- Journalism students pen recent issue of West Michigan's Encore Magazine
- WMU reinstates African American and African Studies major and minor
- Faculty and staff achievement award winners were honored Tuesday, April 18, for their hard work and dedication to the College and University.
- New anthology has Art and Sciences connections
- Dr. Douglas Johnson recently honored with Scholarly Impact Award
- Dr. Joseph Stoltman, professor of geography, is the recipient of two major awards from the National Council for Geographic Education; the Distinguished Mentor Award and the Higher Education Distinguished Teaching Award.
- Dr. Jeffrey Angles, Japanese professor in world languages and literatures, is one of only a handful of non-native speakers ever to win the prestigious Yomiuri Prize for Literature. Listen to his interview with Michigan Radio.
- Carrie Collins-Fadell (M.P.A., '04) was recently tapped to serve on the United States Brain Injury Alliance Board.
- Kristen Tracy (Ph.D. '04, English) wins prestigious Emily Dickinson First Book Award
- Emily Morris (B.S. '10, Psychology) is co-founder and clinical director of Spark Center for Autism LLC
- Wes Dilworth (B.A., Economics and Business Administration) celebrates 30th anniversary as yacht broker
- Three Arts and Sciences students receive Gilman Scholarships to study abroad
- WMU honors students shine in STAR Awards
- Teresa Turner, film, video and media arts student, wins coveted scholarship from broadcasters foundation
Sign up to receive our newsletters
To receive information via email, update your contact information.