Search for internships, full-time and part-time jobs on and off campus. Have your resume critiqued before you post it in Handshake. Review Handshake FAQs for tips and troubleshooting.
- If you are an enrolled WMU student, your Handshakeaccount should have been created automatically. To activate and create your profile follow these easy steps:
- Visit wmich.joinhandshake.com and click on the blue button that says “WMU Student Login.”
- Use your Bronco NetID and current password to sign in. Follow the prompts to create and activate your profile. Once your account has been set up, you can:
- Use the “Jobs” tab to search for on-and off-campus employment.
- Use the “Internships” tab to filter your search for an internship by location, employer, major, and other fields.
- Click on the “Events” tab to view career-related events such as workshops or employer visits.
- Click on the “Fairs” tab to view recruiting events and participating employers.
Important Note: If you are looking for an internship or professional position and your current semester GPA is above 3.00, it is recommended that you make this information public to employers. To learn how to change your profile and GPA visibility settings visit: http://tinyurl.com/profile-gpa-visibility
If you have trouble, make sure your Bronco NetID and password are working for your GoWMU login and/ or Wexchange + login. If neither of those are working, call the Office of Information Technology at (269) 387-4357 and select Option #1.
Recommended Job Search Websites
Resources for part-time jobs in the Kalamazoo and Portage area.
A list of websites for job seekers interested in working for nonprofit and government employers.
Search for state government jobs in Michigan.
Find internships, full-time, and part-time jobs in Michigan.
Research employee reviews, salaries, and interview questions on over 280,000 companies.
Database of international students interested in obtaining internships or jobs through CPT, OPT, or employer sponsored visas.
Features a career center designed to connect former NCAA student-athletes at all stages of their professional careers with prospective employers.
Metasearch engine for job listings in the US and Canada.
Metasearch engine for job listings in the US.
Metasearch engine for entry-level jobs for college graduates.