Western Michigan University
1903 W Michigan Ave
Kalamazoo MI 49008-5346 USA
- Contemporary political theory
- History of political thought
- Contemporary democratic theory
- The history of political sciences
- Rational choice theory
Dr. Emily Hauptmann is a professor in the Department of Political Science at Western Michigan University. Hauptmann is also executive co-director for the Association of Political Theory, a professional association for political theorists and philosophers.
Hauptmann's publications include:
- Putting Choice Before Democracy: A Critique of Rational Choice Theory (SUNY, 1996)
- Can Less Be More? Leftist Deliberative Democrat's Critique of Participatory Democracy (Polity, 2001)
- The Reasonable and Rational Capacities in Political Analysis (co-author Paul Clements, Politics and Society, 2002)
Hauptmann is writing a book about the changing meaning of political theory in the United States during the post-war period.