Gifts and donations make possible the extra margin of excellence in Western Michigan University's Department of Political Science.
- Enables students to participate in regional and national activities, gain valuable experience in internships and attend conferences and study abroad.
- Helps us attract and keep top faculty.
- Lets us to recruit the best graduate students.
- Allows undergraduates to focus on their academic goals.
Types of Gifts
- Unrestricted development funds are used to support student success, faculty development, and overall departmental excellence. We also have funds to support specific programs or scholarships.
- Chet Rogers Endowment awards a faculty member who displays outstanding departmental citizenship and service.
- Claude and Nancy Phillips Dissertation Research Fund supports dissertation research by a doctoral student in political science.
- David Houghton Scholarship Fund provides scholarships for interns to work in Washington, D.C., and Lansing.
- Mock Trial Fund allows the team to travel to competitions.
- William A. Ritchie Memorial Fund awards outstanding students in political theory.
If you have questions about these or other funds, please contact us.