The Department of Comparative Religion at Western Michigan University is proud to acknowledge publishing accomplishments and research areas.
Please contact us if you'd like us to know about your publication.
- Contemporary Japanese Buddhism
- Islam in America
- Buddhist material culture
- Critical theory of religion of Max Horkheimer, Walter Benjamin, Theodor W. Adorno, Erich Fromm, Herbert Marcuse, Alfred Sohn-Rethel, and Jürgen Habermas
- Religious diversity and pluralism in the United States
- Spirituality, culture and health
- Interfaith relations
- Medieval Christianity, with a particular focus on the pre and post-conversion religion and culture of Scandinavia
- American religious history and new religious movements
- Religion in the Midwest and in the Yankee Diaspora
- Theory and method in the academic study of religion