BRAIN Lab member research publications
- Larson, C. A., Roth, E. A., Sterenberg Mahon, A. J., Crinion, M. K., Fischer, K., Yim, S. H., & Smith, A. K. (2023). Variable cadence gait training outcomes using rhythmic auditory stimulation embedded in older adults’ preferred music. Journal of Aging and Physical Activity. https://doi.org/10.1123/japa.2021-0516
- Yeung, L. Y., Roth, E. A., & Kim, G. (2022). Effects of music and meditative movement on affect and flow: A feasibility study. Advances in Cognitive Psychology, 18(5), 16-28. https://doi.org/10.5709/acp-0363-4
- Roth, E. A., Spitsbergen, J. M., & Cintrón-Colón, A. F. (2022). The neurochemistry of instrumental improvisation in adults: A feasibility and pilot study. Advances in Cognitive Psychology, 18(3), 1-10. https://doi.org/10.5709/acp-0350-4
- Sterenberg Mahon, A. J. & Roth, E. A. (2022). What elicits music-evoked nostalgia? An exploratory study among college students. Psychology of Music. 51(1), https://doi.org/10.1177/03057356221087446
- Roth, E. A., Hua, X., Lu, W., Blitz Novak, J., Wang, F., Mehnert, T. N., Morano, R. K., Fiore, J., Sterenberg Mahon, A. J. (2021). Clinical training in music therapy: Perceptions of Preparedness and Satisfaction. Voices A World Forum for Music Therapy. 21(3). https://doi.org/10.15845/voices.v21i3.3055
- Bodine, C. E., Seu, A., Roth, E. A., Wegener, E. E., & Magee, W. L. (2020). Examining the functionality of the MATADOC with the CRS-R: A pilot study. Journal of Music Therapy. 57(4), 432-454. https://doi.org/10.1093/jmt/thaa010
- Thakur, D., Martens, M. A., Smith, D. S., & Roth, E. A. (2018). Williams Syndrome and music: A Systematic Integrative Review. Frontiers in Human Neuroscience, 9(2203). https://doi.org/10.3389/fpsyg.2018.02203
- Keeler, J. R., Roth, E. A., Neuser, B. L., Spitsbergen, J. M., Waters, D. J. M., & Vianney, J. (2015). The neurochemistry and social flow of singing: Bonding and Oxytocin. Frontiers in Human Neuroscience, 9(518). https://doi.org/10.3389/fnhum.2015.00518
- Roth, E. A., & Smith, K. H. (2008). The Mozart Effect: Evidence for the Arousal Hypothesis. Perceptual and Motor Skills, 107(2), 396–402. https://doi.org/10.2466/pms.107.2.396-402
- Baker, F., & Roth, E. A. (2004). Neuroplasticity and functional recovery: Training models and compensatory strategies in music therapy. Nordic Journal of Music Therapy, 13(1), 20-32. https://doi.org/10.1080/08098130409478095
- The Efficacy of Music as a Non-Analgesic Method of Reducing Pain Perception during Cold Pressor Trials
Occupational therapy research
- Suarez, M.A. (2016). Electrodermal Response to Food in Children with Autism Compared to Children who are Typically Developing. Poster session, (peer reviewed), presented at the national American Occupational Therapy Associated Conference, Chicago, IL.
- Suarez, M. A., Horton-Bierema, W., & Bodine, C. E. (2018). Challenges and Resources Available for Mothers in Opiate Recovery: A Qualitative Study. The Open Journal of Occupational Therapy, 6(4). https://doi.org/10.15453/2168-6408.1483
- Suarez, M.A. (2018). Feasibility Exploration of Electrodermal Response to Food in Children with ASD compared to Typically Developing Children. Open Journal of Occupational Therapy.
- Suarez, M.A. (2017). Laboratory food acceptance in children with Autism Spectrum Disorder compared to typically developing children. American Journal of Occupational Therapy.