BRAIN Lab member research publications
- The Mozart Effect: Evidence for the Arousal Hypothesis
- Neuroplasticity and Functional Recovery: Training Models and Compensatory Strategies in Music Therapy
- The Efficacy of Music as a Non-Analgesic Method of Reducing Pain Perception during Cold Pressor Trials
- The Neurochemistry and Social Flow of Singing: Bonding and Oxytocin
- Williams Syndrome and Music: A Systematic Integrative Review
- Examining the Functionality of the MATADOC with the CRS-R: A Pilot Study
Occupational therapy research
- Suarez, M.A. (2016). Electrodermal Response to Food in Children with Autism Comparted to Children who are Typically Developing. Poster session, (peer reviewed), presented at the national American Occupational Therapy Associated Conference, Chicago, IL.
- Suarez, M. A., Horton-Bierema, W., & Bodine, C. E. (2018). Challenges and Resources Available for Mothers in Opiate Recovery: A Qualitative Study. The Open Journal of Occupational Therapy, 6(4). https://doi.org/10.15453/2168-6408.1483
- Suarez, M.A. (2018). Feasibility Exploration of Electrodermal Response to Food in Children with ASD compared to Typically Developing Children. Open Journal of Occupational Therapy.
- Suarez, M.A. (2017). Laboratory food acceptance in children with Autism Spectrum Disorder compared to typically developing children. American Journal of Occupational Therapy.