Spring commencement postponed
Western Michigan University's April 25 commencement ceremony will be postponed. Alternate dates are being explored. Updates will be posted as soon as the information is available. Thank you for your patience and understanding.
- Graduating students are to report to Shaw Theatre 45 minutes before their college’s ceremony is scheduled to begin.
Faculty and doctoral candidates
- Doctoral candidates assemble in the Green Room of Shaw Theatre.
- Regalia is distributed and returned to York Arena Theatre.
- Faculty assemble in York Theatre and should arrive approximately 45 minutes prior to the ceremony.
- Processional and hooding instructions are given approximately 30 minutes prior to each ceremony.
- Faculty will leave York Theatre about 10 minutes prior to each ceremony and proceed to Miller Auditorium.
Please also note:
- We are unable to accommodate children accompanying the graduate through the ceremony.
- Guests of the candidates must view the processional and ceremony in Miller Auditorium.