Location:F-222 Floyd Hall, Mail Stop 5336
Mailing address:Engineering Design, Manufacturing and Management Systems
Western Michigan University
1903 W Michigan Ave
Kalamazoo MI 49008-5336 USA
- Ph. D., Mechanical Engineering, New Mexico State University, 1990.
- M. S., Mechanical Engineering, New Mexico State University, 1985.
- B. S., Mechanical Engineering, Bangladesh University of Engineering and Technology, 1977.
- Professional Engineer
- Fluid power system design and optimization.
- Instrumentation and process control.
- Mechanical design and computer aided engineering.
- American Society of Mechanical Engineers.
- American Society for Engineering Education.
- Society of Manufacturing Engineers.
- Tau Alpha Pi, Engineering Technology Honor Society.
- Departmental Assessment Committee.
- Recruitment and Retention Committee.
- Undergraduate Curriculum Committee.
- Equipment and Safety Committee.
- United Way representative.
- WMU Faculty Senate.
Grants and awards
- Performance analysis of hydraulic system components for a fluid power curriculum and capstone design project, National Fluid Power Association, 2009.
- Frederick J. Berger award, Tau Alpha Pi, Washington, DC, 2009.
- Chainless Challenge, Parker Hannifin Corporation, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008.
- Parameter characterization for control of a nonlinear hydraulic system, National Fluid Power Association, 2006.
- Investigating the working postures and applied forces on nurses while placing a maternity bed foot-section onto a birthing bed for different bed design, Stryker Medical, 2005.
- Study of performance characteristics of pneumatic valve for manufacturing applications, Parker Hannifin Corporation Pneumatic Division, Richland, MI, 2005.
- Online control of a hydraulic system for experimentation in mechanics, National Fluid Power Association, 2004.
- Human-Hydraulic bicycle challenge, Parker Hannifin Corporation, 2004.
- Study of performance characteristics and design optimization of pneumatic valve for manufacturing, Parker Hannifin Corporation Pneumatic Division, Richland, MI, 2004.
- Parker Hannifin Motion and Control Laboratory, Parker Hannifin Foundation, Cleveland, OH, 2003.
- Remote Data Collection and Transfer as a Teaching Tool for Process Monitoring & Control, DOE, WMU/UC, 2002.
- Developing a computer assisted tool for analysis and design of mechanical components in the engineering technology programs, WMU, Kalamazoo, MI, 2002.
- Modified Eulerian angle for mathematical modeling and optimal design of open chain mechanical system, Graduate College, WMU, Kalamazoo, MI, 2001.
- Instrumentation and process control laboratory, National Science Foundation (Grant #981065), 1998.