Location:F-218 Floyd Hall, Mail Stop 5336
Mailing address:Engineering Design, Manufacturing and Management Systems
Western Michigan University
1903 W Michigan Ave
Kalamazoo MI 49008-5336 USA
- Post Doc., Plastic and Composite Engineering, Iowa State University/Ames Lab, 1991.
- Ph.D., Industrial Technology, Iowa State University, 1989.
- M.S., Management Technology, University of Wisconsin, 1986.
- B.S., Manufacturing Engineering, University of Wisconsin, 1984.
- Metal casting.
- Process improvement.
Honors and activities
- Member, Graduate Committee, Master's in Manufacturing Engineering 1992-94.
- Member, Graduate Committee, Ph.D. in Manufacturing Systems Technology 2002-03.
- Dr. G. Harold Silvius Doctoral Fellowship Award, Iowa State University, 1989.
- Graduated Summa Cum Laude, University of Wisconsin-Stout Chancellor's Award (All Semesters).
- Outstanding College Student of America 1989.
- Iowa Quality Coalition 1989-1991.
- Epsilon Pi Tau International, faculty advisor to Honorary Professional Fraternity.
- Tau Alpha Pi, faculty advisor to Engineering Technology Honorary Professional Fraternity.
- Society of Manufacturing Engineers (SME), Senior Member.
- American Society for Engineering Education (ASEE), Associate Member.
- Society of Plastics Engineers (SPE), Associate Member.
- Director, Central Michigan American Foundry Society.
- American Foundry Society (AFS), Technical Advisor.
- 4F Mod Metal Interface Research Committee, Molding Methods & Materials AFS, Member.
- 4E New Concepts Research Committee, Molding Methods & Materials AFS, Member.
- Foundry Education Foundation (FEF), Key Professor.
- Department merit pay award, 1992-93, 1993-94, 1994-95, 1995-96, 1996-97.
- Administrative merit pay award by Department Chair, 1992-93, 1995-96.
- Outstanding Service to Minority Recruiting Award, College of Engineering and Applied Sciences, WMU, 1994, 2002.
- Dean's Award for Teaching, College of Engineering and Applied Sciences, WMU, 1994, 1995, 1997, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, & 2010.
- United Way representative for Department in University Campaign, 1993-2008.
- Governmental Affairs Forum, Foundry Association of Michigan, Research Award, 1996.
- Ray H. Witt Management Award, Best Paper American Foundry Society, 2000.
- AFS/FEF Board Award, For the Furtherance of the Goals and Ideals, 2004.
- Outstanding Teaching Award College of Engineering WMU, 2007.
- AFS Scientific Merit Award, 2009.