The Department of Political Science at Western Michigan University offers a standard major and minor in political science as well as concentrations in American public policy, public law, international and comparative politics and secondary education. These majors appeal to students with career interests in politics and government, business, education and law.
- American public policy
- International and comparative politics
- Political science (standard major)
- Public law
- Secondary education
Political science majors may add distinction to their undergraduate record by earning Department of Political Science honors.
Students regularly participate in special programs such as:
- Mock Trial
- Model Arab League
- Pre-Law Society
- The Lee Honors College
- Student organizations affiliated with political parties
- Organizations such as Amnesty International, Students for a Sustainable Earth and Students for Gender Equality
- Other Registered Student Organizations
Find out about getting credit for undertaking a research project and on campus funding for student research projects.
Establishing a portfolio
A portfolio can demonstrate competency in your field and reflect your skills and experiences.