spring Virtual awards ceremony
Thank you for joining the Administrative Professional Association for the spring awards ceremony! The ceremony featured remarks from WMU President, Dr. Edward Montgomery, and Vice President for Diversity and Inclusion, Dr. Candy McCorkle. We also recognized the outstanding staff achievements of three 2020-21 APA award winners:
- Outstanding New Professional Award Nathan Nguyen, Director of LGBT Student Services, Office of Diversity and Inclusion
- Tony Griffin Service Award William McQuitty, Institutional Research Analyst, Institutional Research
- Outstanding Professional Award Laura Ciccantell, Director of Teacher and Administrator Certification, College of Education and Human Development
Congratulations to the winners of the best “work from home coworker” contest:
Children category: Entry #1, Jennifer Townsend's photo, Hard at Work
Pet category: Entry #13, Malia Roberts and Cosmo
Congratulations to the door prize winners:
- Trader Joe gift baskets: Sue Rodia, Liz Teviotdale, Nate Nguyen, Patty Mikowski
- Gift card: Mary Ramlow, William McQuitty, Randy Ott
- Ring light: Brianna Galli
- Headset: Joan Morin
Join APA and become an active members of the association
- Join perpetually for $12 per year via payroll deduction
- Join for one year at $15 via payroll deduction
- Join for one year at $15 with a check
Upcoming General membership meetings
APA general membership meetings are open to any WMU employee interested in attending; membership is limited to WMU salaried exempt employees.
- Wednesday, May 12, 2021—noon to 1 p.m.
Upcoming Executive board meetings, 2020-21
Board meetings are held monthly throughout the academic year. Attendance is limited to board members. Meeting minutes are posted for member review on the website as soon as possible after each meeting.
- Wednesday, May 5, 2021
- Wednesday, June 9, 2021
Engagement and professional development opportunities
The APA executive board welcomes and encourages the active participation of all members. Indicate your interest in becoming more active in APA via the interest form below.