All current Spring 2020 programming is canceled;
All Summer 2020 programming on hold until April 25
For procedures and support related to transitioning to online learning, see this link: https://wmich.edu/elearning/instructional-continuity
Online workshops are available for Teams, Webex, and ELearning here: https://wmich.edu/elearning/instructional-continuity/quick-start-sessions
View a webinar on Inclusive and Equitable Teaching Online Wednesday; information and registration here.
You can find other resources for transitioning to online learning at this link: https://wmich.edu/elearning/instructors/tutorials
Other support is available in the Faculty Technology Center or by contacting this email:
Teaching Resources: The new Teaching and Learning Resources site provides links to teaching and learning-related resources found across the university's web pages. Instructors can find links to information on teaching and learning workshops, classroom technology, software services, course design, and Elearning.
What’s happening in the Office of Faculty DevelopMENT
- The Haenicke Institute for Global Education invites faculty to apply to the Global Classrooms Curriculum Development grant. The grant offers up to $2,000 to support the collaboration of WMU faculty with faculty abroad to offer globally networked learning opportunities on campus. The deadline to apply is March 30. Information sessions for interested faculty will be held throughout February and March. See the website for more details at wmich.edu/international/globalclassrooms
- First-Year Experience is looking for part-time instructors! Download this packet and see their website for more information.
- New Open Textbook workshops are being offered by the University Libraries. Click here for more information.
- Book an appointment with OFD staff on professional development, running your own workshop, teaching consultations, and more! Click this button to get started.
- You can now give to the Faculty Development Fund below. Please know that donated funds are used to provide programming for part-time faculty and graduate teaching assistants. We thank you for considering us for a charitable contribution this year.
- 2019-2020 New Faculty Seminar
- 2019-2020 Part-time Faculty Seminar
- Spring 2020 Teaching Inclusivity workshop schedule
- Spring 2020 Cool Tools for Teaching workshop schedule
- 2019 Faculty Development Programming Across Career Lifespan
Instructor Decision Support Tree—this PDF will help instructors determine where they can get help within the University.
Career Development Resources for Faculty created a web page for faculty to provide some career resources; for classroom career workshops, what to do with job announcements and generally providing students with career direction.