Almost time for Barcelona

Looking out over the wing of a plane, clouds beneath
Posted by Zoe Jackson on

Written by: Zoe Jackson

Major/Minor: Journalism/ Global and International Studies

Location: Barcelona

In less than two weeks, I will be starting my semester in Barcelona. As excited as I am, I also don’t feel as prepared as I’d like to be. I spent much of the spring semester thinking about Spain every day, daydreaming and preparing. But this summer, I moved out of state for an internship that kept me busy. My head was filled with thoughts of work and my life there.I’m back home now, for just a couple of short weeks. Reorienting myself to home, and in preparation for Barcelona has been strange - mostly because I didn’t expect to have to do so much reorienting. I am just now getting active in the Barcelona group chat to meet other students who will be in-country. Since I am doing a non-WMU program, I don’t know anyone else on my trip. I haven’t identified all of my roommates, and I’ve yet to figure out other details like my phone situation while I’m abroad. While I am okay with some ambiguity in my life, I prefer to exist in a happy medium between being prepared and going with the flow. I’m not quite there yet. Overall, I feel really lucky to be embarking on this adventure. Slowly, my daydreams of Barcelona are slipping back into my head. I just have a few kinks to work out, and then I believe I’ll be ready.

See you in Spain!

Categories: Predeparture, Journalism, Adventures