Global and intercultural competence
Western Michigan University aspires to advance the global and intercultural competence of its students, staff, faculty and the communities it serves. A globally, interculturally competent person:
- Continually seeks to develop a diverse and knowledgeable worldview.
- Comprehends international dimensions in their major field of study or work.
- Communicates effectively in a second language and/or cross-culturally.
- Exhibits cross-cultural sensitivity and adaptability.
- Collaborates effectively and is able to make comparisons across cultures.