Get started at CELCIS
The Center for English Language and Culture for International Students (CELCIS) offers intensive English language courses online or in-person at Western Michigan University.
Why study at CELCIS?
- The CELCIS curriculum teaches students valuable skills such as research, writing, and presenting that will help students succeed in the university.
- Students who complete CELCIS are admitted directly into the university, and are not required to submit a TOEFL or IELTS score for admission.
- Students who are enrolled in the Pathway Program (beginning Spring 2020) will be able to take both ESL and some University courses, and upon the completion of the Pathway II will be eligible for unrestricted admission to undergraduate academic programs.
- Full-time faculty have master’s degrees in ESL, linguistics or a related field.
- Most CELCIS graduates go on to study in WMU undergraduate or graduate programs.
- CELCIS offers online or in-person ESL courses.
English العربيـة 繁體中文 Français 日本語 한국어 Português Español าษาไท Tiếng Việt