Upcoming ElectionS: Presidential election, November 3, 2020
Make your voting plan for Fall 2020
Are you eligible to vote?
- You must be a U.S. Citizen.
- At least 18 years old by Election Day. You may register to vote at age 17, provided you will be 18 on or before Election Day.
- A resident of the city or township where you are applying to register to vote.
Register and Vote!
You can visit VOTE.ORG to:
It's best to double-check with your state for any recent changes to election rules in your state.
Voting in Michigan
MICHIGAN voters, did you know that you can:
REGISTER TO VOTE ONLINE
- Check or update your Michigan voter registration at the Michigan Voter Information Center Michigan.gov/Vote
- You must establish residency in the Michigan city or township where you want to vote 30 days prior to an election
- Last day to register to vote online in Michigan is 15 days prior to an election
- From 14 days prior to an election through Election Day, register in person with your Michigan clerk
VOTE BY MAIL
- All registered voters in Michigan have the right to vote by mail and may now request an absent voter ballot without providing a reason.
- You must be a registered voter to receive an absent voter ballot, but you can register and apply for an absent voter ballot at the same time.
- Your absentee ballot must be in your clerk’s hands by Election Day; allow one week for mail to travel.
- It's a safe way to vote and protect your health, and the process is secure and accurate.
Students who live out of state and wish to vote absentee need to get an absentee ballot from their home state.